Friday, November 03, 2006

Cog of some kind

"Maybe there is a button," Yates pondered, "And we can turn it on. And it would tell us what it is."

"Oh sure," Thomas quipped, "Hey teapot - who are you?"

"Well, funny smartman - what do you think it is?"

"I don't know," Thomas shrugged, "It seems like it is a part to something. Doesn't that look like it should screw in somehow?"

He rubbed his finger along the bottom of the teapot to outline a series of jagged grooves.

"Maybe," Yates agreed, "Maybe this is just a cog of some kind."

"A shame," Thomas said, "I would have rather like to try some tea."


Rounded 7k - but I would like to be closer to 9k right about now. I don't expect to get much done this weekend - so my lead will quickly get sucked away.

I updated the blog with a pure CSS version of a progress bar since the one I was using had it's bandwidth maxxed out. Anyone who wants to steal the code can click the "steal this code" link under it and copy the code from the textbox.

Big huzzah goes to docs.google methinks. It is so convenient to keep a browser window open, type a sentence or two here or there and know it will be accessible from nearly anywhere without really trying. So much handier than constantly FTP files so that I can work from multiple computers. I really want to get Greenscape into it and then I'll probably just publish both stories from there as a work in progress.

I'm not terribly concerned with publishing rights just now.

No comments: