Monday, November 13, 2006

Oily Mirrorlike Sheen

The Sphere began to turn - it was imperpectible at first as it was nothing more than grey rotating on grey. Then shadows began to appear upon the surface like ripples within an ocean. The were pulled by the increasing rotation and slowly colors and flecks of light began to emerge. As The Sphere spun faster it seemed to split the skin around it asunder only to reveal new and more wondrous layers underneath that instantly bubbled to the surfaced and were also torn anew to reveal even more detail that would also cycle upon itself.

Eventually the oily mirrorlike sheen that Thomas saw every day of his life overtook the entire body of the sphere. The columns below it shook completely away and The Sphere simply stood precisely in space where it had always been for as long as Thomas could remember.



OK, so yesterday I didn't get nearly as much done as I should have ... considered I spent most of the afternoon on the puter.. I should have had a huge banner day that put things back ahead of schedule. Instead I played a lot of Ultima III. My brain and body were wiped from all night fun the night before - not to mention a pet related emergency Friday night. Checking the progress bar would indicate that I actually did more writing on Sat than it felt like and I managed to cap 25k over coffee this morning ... but I'd like to have a more productive week so that everything feels close to completion by this weekend.



technorati | nanowrimo

No comments: